- 24 January 2015 | CBC News Union Renews Push Against Can Maker Crown Holdings The USW is setting up information pickets at beer stores across the province this weekend. It wants consumers to choose bottles to put pressure on can maker Crown Holdings.
- 23 January 2015 | Rabble.ca Despite Settlement, Chief Culprits of Lac-Mégantic Disaster Still Insist 'It wasn't us' Lac-Mégantic: A major outstanding issue is the ongoing denial of culpability by the largest companies involved in the disaster, including CP Rail, Irving Oil and World Fuel Services.
- 22 January 2015 | media release Beer Can Boycott Expands Across Ontario The Bottles Not Cans campaign is expanding this week with radio ads and Beer Store demonstrations in communities across the province.
- More »
- 1 December 2014 | Ken Neumann Statement World AIDS Day: Ken Neumann Statement Steelworkers join the global labour movement in calling on governments worldwide to demonstrate meaningful commitments to ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030.
- 27 November 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on 25th Anniversary of December 6 On the 25th anniversary of the Montreal massacre, violence is still too present in the lives of Canada’s women and girls.
- 23 September 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women and Girls Statement from USW National Director Ken Neumann on Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women and Girls
- More »
- January 2015 National Director's Update - January 2015 In this issue: Acting to End Violence Against Women • Mental Health at Work • Six-Packs of Solidarity • 50th Annual Assembly for District 5 • TWU historic merger • 2015: Our Chance to Elect the NDP! • Tell Us Your Community Story, more
- December 2014 USW@Work - December 2014 In this issue: Honour missing and murdered aboriginal women • Time for Action • TWU members vote to merge with USW • Bottles, NOT Cans • Stop the Killing campaign to enforce the law wins with cities • 50th Anniversary in Quebec • Aid at Home and Abroad - Big year for Humanity Fund, more
- September 2014 National Director's Update - September 2014 In this issue: The Steelworkers: A Union That Works • International Support for Crown Strikers • USW joins fight for change in world’s deadliest coal mines in Turkey • Stop the Killing Campaign • Temporary Foreign Workers • Dragon Boat Racers for United Way • USW Raises Funds for Rail Workers • Humanity Fund Assistance • more
- More »
Justice for USW Rail Workers Please contribute to the Justice for USW Rail Workers Fund to support workers charged in connection with last year's tragedy in Lac-Mégantic, Que. The charges divert attention from the real culprits - federal deregulation and shoddy management of the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway.
- Take-Backs No More Support USW Local 9176 workers, fighting for fairness at Crown Holdings in Toronto. A global metal container giant, Crown almost doubled its profits in 2012. But it is trying to take away workers’ cost of living allowances, impose a two-tier wage system and extend a nine-year freeze on pensions.
- Stop the Killing, Enforce the Law. 1,000 workers are killed at work each year. It's time to enforce the Westray Law that holds corporations, their directors and executives criminally accountable for workplace death. Investigate workplace fatalities through the lens of criminal accountability. Sign the petition.
- Everyone's Chance Give everyone a chance for Canada's future. Take action against the unfair, low-wage model of economic development adopted by the Harper government.
- Fairness Works As union members it's time to speak up about unions. We need to have conversations about the value of unions for protecting employees and achieving fairness and equality. Everyone deserves a union.
- Retirement Security For Everyone The USW supports the CLC's campaign to fix Canada's broken pension system.