- 23 March 2015 | media release Steelworkers Withdraw From Lakeland Sawmill Inquest Steelworkers have lost confidence that the inquest will answer the many outstanding questions that remain.
- 13 March 2015 | media release Steelworkers Welcome Industrial Inquiry in Beer Can Strike The commission must compel Crown to finally understand that its U.S.-style union-busting tactics are unacceptable in Ontario, says USW District 6 Director Marty Warren.
- 13 March 2015 | media release United Steelworkers-Alexandria Mouldings Agreement Benefits Community Steelworkers reach new agreement with Alexandria Mouldings that strengthens the community's manufacturing base and economic outlook.
- More »
- 25 February 2015 International Women’s Day: Ken Neumann’s Statement March 8 is a day to celebrate the gains women have made toward full equality. 2015 provides us with some important opportunities to act for women’s equality.
- 10 February 2015 | Vancouver Province ‘Buy America’ Fight Hides Harper’s Job-Policy Failures – Ken Neumann Op-Ed A federal government serious about supporting Canadian jobs would apply some form of “Buy Canada” provisions to multibillion-dollar, publicly funded infrastructure projects across the country.
- 29 January 2015 Ken Neumann statement on African Heritage Month African Heritage Month is an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of African Canadians to our multicultural society and to recommit to the struggle to end racism, violence and economic apartheid.
- More »
- January 2015 National Director's Update - January 2015 In this issue: Acting to End Violence Against Women • Mental Health at Work • Six-Packs of Solidarity • 50th Annual Assembly for District 5 • TWU historic merger • 2015: Our Chance to Elect the NDP! • Tell Us Your Community Story, more
- December 2014 USW@Work - December 2014 In this issue: Honour missing and murdered aboriginal women • Time for Action • TWU members vote to merge with USW • Bottles, NOT Cans • Stop the Killing campaign to enforce the law wins with cities • 50th Anniversary in Quebec • Aid at Home and Abroad - Big year for Humanity Fund, more
- September 2014 National Director's Update - September 2014 In this issue: The Steelworkers: A Union That Works • International Support for Crown Strikers • USW joins fight for change in world’s deadliest coal mines in Turkey • Stop the Killing Campaign • Temporary Foreign Workers • Dragon Boat Racers for United Way • USW Raises Funds for Rail Workers • Humanity Fund Assistance • more
- More »
Justice for USW Rail Workers Please contribute to the Justice for USW Rail Workers Fund to support workers charged in connection with last year's tragedy in Lac-Mégantic, Que. The charges divert attention from the real culprits - federal deregulation and shoddy management of the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway.
- Take-Backs No More Support USW Local 9176 workers, fighting for fairness at Crown Holdings in Toronto. A global metal container giant, Crown almost doubled its profits in 2012. But it is trying to take away workers’ cost of living allowances, impose a two-tier wage system and extend a nine-year freeze on pensions.
- Stop the Killing, Enforce the Law. 1,000 workers are killed at work each year. It's time to enforce the Westray Law that holds corporations, their directors and executives criminally accountable for workplace death. Investigate workplace fatalities through the lens of criminal accountability. Sign the petition.
- Everyone's Chance Give everyone a chance for Canada's future. Take action against the unfair, low-wage model of economic development adopted by the Harper government.
- Fairness Works As union members it's time to speak up about unions. We need to have conversations about the value of unions for protecting employees and achieving fairness and equality. Everyone deserves a union.
- Retirement Security For Everyone The USW supports the CLC's campaign to fix Canada's broken pension system.