- 29 September 2014 | Media release UBCM Overwhelmingly Endorses Steelworkers Campaign to Enforce Westray Law Municipal leaders across British Columbia are supporting the United Steelworkers’ campaign to 'Stop the Killing, Enforce the Law.'
- 29 September 2014 | Media Release Steelworkers Reach Pension Sustainability Deals for University Employees "We have come up with a forward-thinking approach that we think could be a model for other university employees and public-sector workers." - Marty Warren, USW District 6 Director
- 25 September 2014 | Media release Steelworkers Humanity Fund Contributes $23,000 for South Sudan Refugees The Steelworkers Humanity Fund is contributing $23,000 to Oxfam Canada to support their emergency relief work in South Sudanese refugee camps in Ethiopia.
- More »
- 23 September 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women and Girls Statement from USW National Director Ken Neumann on Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women and Girls
- 12 June 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on National Aboriginal Day June 21st is National Aboriginal Day, an occasion to celebrate the diverse cultures, languages, beliefs, customs, histories and contributions of the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples.
- 11 June 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on Pride Month June is Pride Month when the United Steelworkers joins in recognizing and celebrating the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities and activists to our union, our communities and our country.
- More »
- September 2014 National Director's Update - September 2014 In this issue: The Steelworkers: A Union That Works • International Support for Crown Strikers • USW joins fight for change in world’s deadliest coal mines in Turkey • Stop the Killing Campaign • Temporary Foreign Workers • Dragon Boat Racers for United Way • USW Raises Funds for Rail Workers • Humanity Fund Assistance • more
- June 2014 USW@Work - June 2014 In this issue: • USW at the CLC • Enduring Legacy • Stop the Killing • Rail Safety • Conservative Attacks • Fairness Works • Casino Workers Join USW • Growing Scandal • Job-Killing Mega project • Seeking Justice • more
- February 2014 National Director's Update - February 2014 In this issue: Steelworkers' Activism Achieves Real Results • Cambodian Garment Workers • The Broadbent Institute • Steelworkers Standing Up for Fairness • Stop The Killing: The Urgency of USW Activism • Steelworkers Spark Real Change • Staffing the Key to Better Care • CEO Pay Clock • Making Waves Fighting Corporate Greed • African Heritage Month
- More »
Justice for USW Rail Workers Please contribute to the Justice for USW Rail Workers Fund to support workers charged in connection with last year's tragedy in Lac-Mégantic, Que. The charges divert attention from the real culprits - federal deregulation and shoddy management of the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway.
- Take-Backs No More Support USW Local 9176 workers, fighting for fairness at Crown Holdings in Toronto. A global metal container giant, Crown almost doubled its profits in 2012. But it is trying to take away workers’ cost of living allowances, impose a two-tier wage system and extend a nine-year freeze on pensions.
- Stop the Killing, Enforce the Law. 1,000 workers are killed at work each year. It's time to enforce the Westray Law that holds corporations, their directors and executives criminally accountable for workplace death. Investigate workplace fatalities through the lens of criminal accountability. Sign the petition.
- Everyone's Chance Give everyone a chance for Canada's future. Take action against the unfair, low-wage model of economic development adopted by the Harper government.
- Fairness Works As union members it's time to speak up about unions. We need to have conversations about the value of unions for protecting employees and achieving fairness and equality. Everyone deserves a union.
- Retirement Security For Everyone The USW supports the CLC's campaign to fix Canada's broken pension system.