- 19 August 2014 | Media release Finally the True Culprits, Transport Canada and MMA, Are Identified Transportation Safety Board report confirms that the MMA was taking safety risks and Transport Canada failed in its duty to provide supervision and monitoring.
- 18 August 2014 | Media release Steelworkers Seeking Commitment to Workers at Mount Polley Steelworkers welcome independent investigation and inquiry into mine tailings pond failure, request full standing to represent workers and families.
- 18 August 2014 | Media release Steelworkers Humanity Fund contributes $25,000 for Ebola support in West Africa The Steelworkers Humanity Fund is contributing $25,000 to combat spread of deadly Ebola virus in West Africa.
- More »
- 12 June 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on National Aboriginal Day June 21st is National Aboriginal Day, an occasion to celebrate the diverse cultures, languages, beliefs, customs, histories and contributions of the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples.
- 11 June 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on Pride Month June is Pride Month when the United Steelworkers joins in recognizing and celebrating the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities and activists to our union, our communities and our country.
- 2 May 2014 Ken Neumann Statement on Asian Heritage Month May is Asian Heritage Month, an occasion to delve into the history of Asian Canadians and recognize the contributions Asian Canadians have made to our union, our communities and our country.
- More »
- June 2014 USW@Work - June 2014 In this issue: • USW at the CLC • Enduring Legacy • Stop the Killing • Rail Safety • Conservative Attacks • Fairness Works • Casino Workers Join USW • Growing Scandal • Job-Killing Mega project • Seeking Justice • more
- February 2014 National Director's Update - February 2014 In this issue: Steelworkers' Activism Achieves Real Results • Cambodian Garment Workers • The Broadbent Institute • Steelworkers Standing Up for Fairness • Stop The Killing: The Urgency of USW Activism • Steelworkers Spark Real Change • Staffing the Key to Better Care • CEO Pay Clock • Making Waves Fighting Corporate Greed • African Heritage Month
- January 2014 USW@Work - January 2014 In this issue: Fairness Works • Pension Crisis • Domestic Violence Survey • New Steelworkers • Hold Canadian Mining Companies Accountable: Open for Justice • Striking Steelworkers Embark on a Caribbean Adventure • Rethink Child Care • Loss of a Labour Giant: Jack Munro • Key Forestry Deals • more
- More »
Justice for USW Rail Workers Please contribute to the Justice for USW Rail Workers Fund to support workers charged in connection with last year's tragedy in Lac-Mégantic, Que. The charges divert attention from the real culprits - federal deregulation and shoddy management of the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway.
- Take-Backs No More Support USW Local 9176 workers, fighting for fairness at Crown Holdings in Toronto. A global metal container giant, Crown almost doubled its profits in 2012. But it is trying to take away workers’ cost of living allowances, impose a two-tier wage system and extend a nine-year freeze on pensions.
- Stop the Killing, Enforce the Law. 1,000 workers are killed at work each year. It's time to enforce the Westray Law that holds corporations, their directors and executives criminally accountable for workplace death. Investigate workplace fatalities through the lens of criminal accountability. Sign the petition.
- Everyone's Chance Give everyone a chance for Canada's future. Take action against the unfair, low-wage model of economic development adopted by the Harper government.
- Fairness Works As union members it's time to speak up about unions. We need to have conversations about the value of unions for protecting employees and achieving fairness and equality. Everyone deserves a union.
- Retirement Security For Everyone The USW supports the CLC's campaign to fix Canada's broken pension system.