We need 3 million conversations
Download the PDF
You - and three million other union members across Canada - must join the conversation. You can make a real difference through your own conversations with friends, co-workers and neighbours.
That's why the Canadian labour movement is encouraging you and union members across the country to stand up and be heard.
The good news is that most Canadians share our union values - fairness, a liveable wage, good working conditions, pensions, benefits and a voice at work. These are the values that built the middle class and made our country strong. They're the values of everyday Canadians.
Click to download a pdf of the USW's Fairness Works leaflet.
People Will Listen... If You Speak Up
Most Canadians believe unions are important for protecting the interests of employees and achieving greater fairness and equality in our society. Still, opponents of unions have made many people think unions (and 'union bosses') are harmful and to be feared.
When our members talk about unions, we find most people can recognize that:
- Unions contribute economic benefits to society, such as reducing poverty and inequality;
- Unions prevent corporations and employers from becoming too powerful;
- Unions make workplaces more democratic;
- Union members and their representatives should decide how their dues are spent, without government interference.
- Unions know that our members are the best ambassadors for a strong middle class. That's why, in coming weeks and months, we will continue to encourage you to talk it up, to reclaim the conversation.
- Union members can't afford to be silent or complacent any longer.
You know what the stakes are. You can make a difference. Talk it up. Join the millions of conversations that we are starting across our country.