USW Policy Documents
- Steelworkers Anti-Harassment Policy - The Yellow Sheet Steelworker members are entitled to a harassment-free environment at all union activities, events and meetings.
- Steelworker Guide to Negotiating the Balance of Work-Life Responsibilities It’s a Balancing Act. That’s why we have policies to help workers balance work, family and union activity.
- Stop Harassment Through concrete action we can promote mutual respect in our union. That’s why we have adopted policies to prohibit and prevent harassment in the workplace. And that’s why we have produced a workbook to help local union members address these issues step-by-step, incident by incident, with fairness and respect for all individuals.
- Steelworkers Violence Prevention Guide Violence or abuse can happen in any workplace or family. It can happen to women, men and children. It can happen to people of any culture and background. No one - no supervisor, co-worker, husband, wife, boyfriend or relative has the right to abuse another person. There is no excuse for violence or abuse. It’s wrong. It’s against the law.
- Steelworkers Environmental Policy Unions around the world have taken up the challenge posed to working people and made enhancing environmental quality the movement's top priority.
- A Steelworker's Guide to Running for Union Office United Steelworkers Affirmative Action Guide to Local Union Elections.
- Steelworkers Training Policy Our union believes that a fundamental commitment to training and to the continual improvement and development of workers' skills must be one of the central elements of a new alternative economic strategy.
- Steelworkers Guidelines for Participation in Work Reorganization