Humanity Fund News
- 20 November 2012 | Media release Steelworkers Humanity Fund Contributes $130,800 to Canadian Food Banks “The Steelworkers Humanity Fund is contributing to food banks because poor and vulnerable Canadians continue to rely on food banks to make ends meet.” - Ken Neumann, USW National Director for Canada
- 10 September 2012 Steelworkers’ Humanity Fund Contributes $20,000 Toward Flood Relief in the Philippines The rains that caused floods in August 2012 were amongst the worst recorded in Philippine history. The equivalent of nearly two months' of rain fell on Metro Manila.
- 9 November 2011 Steelworkers Humanity Fund Contributes $107,800 to Canadian Food Banks The Humanity Fund contributions will support 55 food banks in Canadian communities where USW members live and work.
- 9 March 2011 | Media release Steelworkers Donate $10,000 to New Zealand Earthquake Assistance Donation to Maritime Union of New Zealand’s relief fund will assist emergency aid and reconstruction efforts.
- 25 February 2011 | Media Release Steelworkers Hail Liberation of Mexican Union Leader After Two Years as Political Prisoner Mexican union leader Juan Linares is receiving a hero's welcome following his liberation from two years of political imprisonment by his government.
- 18 February 2011 International Pressure On Mexico to Respect Labour, Human Rights Steelworkers were front-and-centre at demonstrations in major Canadian cities this week as the USW joined the Global Days of Action for trade union rights in Mexico.
- 14 February 2011 Mexico Days of Action Begin The Calderón government must heed the warnings of this global movement, and end abuses of trade union rights in Mexico.
- 30 November 2010 Steelworkers Humanity Fund Contributes $100,800 to Canadian Food Banks Canadian National Director Ken Neumann announces support for food banks in Canadian communities where USW members live and work.