The United Steelworkers is constantly building on existing alliances and seeking new, forward-thinking partnerships with labour and progressive organizations in Canada and throughout the world.
Steelworkers are proud to join forces with other unions and progressive organizations, including ACTRA, CWA/SCA Canada, Telecommunications Workers and the Independent Workers Association, to work together on issues of common interest. Through these closer ties we are better able to work toward social justice and better working and living standards for all.
- ACTRA The USW has a strategic alliance with ACTRA, the union of Canadian film and television performers.
- CWA|SCA Canada A strategic alliance signed in 2007 strengthened longstanding ties and collaboration between the Steelworkers and the Canadian Region of the Communications Workers of America.
- Environmental Defence The United Steelworkers and Environmental Defence teamed up to create Blue Green Canada, an alliance between Canadian labour unions and environmental and civil society organizations.
- IndustriALL USW is a founding member of IndustriALL, a global union federation representing 50 million workers in 140 countries fighting for better working conditions and trade union rights around the world.
- iTaxiworkers Bringing together taxi drivers and associations, the iTaxiworkers association works to improve the rights and working conditions of Ontario taxi workers.
- Los Mineros The United Steelworkers supports Los Mineros, the Mexican miners' and metalworkers' union, in its fight for labour and human rights.
- Ontario Taxi Workers Union The Ontario Taxi Workers Union is an independent union governed by taxi drivers and supported by the USW.
- Quebec Realtors' Association Quebec realtors are members of the USW's independent workers' association, Travailleurs autonomes Québec (TAQ).
- Straight Goods News The USW supports Straight Goods News. Straight Goods News helps readers untangle spin and is Canada's independent, progressive media outlet of record.
- TWU The USW and the Telecommunications Workers Union signed a strategic alliance in February 2010.
- 20 March 2013 Second Stabbing Angers Taxi Drivers Terrified taxi drivers call for immediate meeting with mayor, police chief and MLS chief.
- 11 July 2012 | Media Release Historic Victory for Blue Line Taxi Drivers A two-year fight has culminated with the OLRB's certification of the Ontario Taxi Workers Union as the bargaining agent for drivers of Blue Line Transportation in Hamilton.
- 18 June 2012 Los Mineros - The Struggle and Heroism of the Mexican Miners' Union - Video A video on how Mexican miners, members of Los Mineros, have built international solidarity in the face of violence and government attacks on their union.