Women of Steel are tens of thousands of Steelworkers, in virtually all sectors across Canada who are making a difference in our workplaces, communities and in our union.
Unions need women and women need unions. The USW is a leader in developing women activists and recognizing women’s issues as workers’ issues.
- Rethink Child Care: Kitchen-Table Conversation Guide
- The United Steelworkers’ Reference Guide for Local, Regional and District Women’s Committees
- Women of Steel Building Equality
- We are Women of Steel
- Steelworkers Violence Prevention Guide
- A Steelworker's Guide to Running for Union Office
- Stop Harassment
- Women's Resource Links
- Fairness for Women: Action Plan of the New Democrat Caucus
- Steelworkers Anti-Harassment Policy - The Yellow Sheet
- Steelworker Songs of Solidarity
- Mass Rejection of Uber Women ‘Jobs’ Plan A coalition of concerned organisations, led by global unions expresses its shock over a ‘strategic partnership’ between UN Women and Uber, the ‘ride booking’ app provider.
- International Women’s Day: Ken Neumann’s Statement March 8 is a day to celebrate the gains women have made toward full equality. 2015 provides us with some important opportunities to act for women’s equality.
- Advocates Hope 'Groundbreaking' Report on Aboriginal Women Will Put Spotlight on Canada An international body supports the call on the federal government for an inquiry into missing and murdered Aboriginal women.