Women of Steel are tens of thousands of Steelworkers, in virtually all sectors across Canada who are making a difference in our workplaces, communities and in our union.
Unions need women and women need unions. The USW is a leader in developing women activists and recognizing women’s issues as workers’ issues.
- Rethink Child Care: Kitchen-Table Conversation Guide
- The United Steelworkers’ Reference Guide for Local, Regional and District Women’s Committees
- Women of Steel Building Equality
- We are Women of Steel
- Steelworkers Violence Prevention Guide
- A Steelworker's Guide to Running for Union Office
- Stop Harassment
- Women's Resource Links
- Fairness for Women: Action Plan of the New Democrat Caucus
- Steelworkers Anti-Harassment Policy - The Yellow Sheet
- Steelworker Songs of Solidarity
- 2015 Women of Steel Leadership Course: CLC Ont. Summer School Women of Steel! Act now to take part in the newly revised, five-day women's leadership course this summer, July 12-17.
- Mass Rejection of Uber Women ‘Jobs’ Plan A coalition of concerned organisations, led by global unions expresses its shock over a ‘strategic partnership’ between UN Women and Uber, the ‘ride booking’ app provider.
- International Women’s Day: Ken Neumann’s Statement March 8 is a day to celebrate the gains women have made toward full equality. 2015 provides us with some important opportunities to act for women’s equality.