Women of Steel are tens of thousands of Steelworkers, in virtually all sectors across Canada who are making a difference in our workplaces, communities and in our union.
Unions need women and women need unions. The USW is a leader in developing women activists and recognizing women’s issues as workers’ issues.
- The United Steelworkers’ Reference Guide for Local, Regional and District Women’s Committees
- Women of Steel Building Equality
- We are Women of Steel
- Steelworkers Violence Prevention Guide
- A Steelworker's Guide to Running for Union Office
- Steelworker Guide to Negotiating the Balance of Work - Life Responsibilities
- Stop Harassment
- Women's Resource Links
- Fairness for Women: Action Plan of the New Democrat Caucus
- Steelworkers Anti-Harassment Policy - The Yellow Sheet
- Steelworker Songs of Solidarity
- International Women's Day 2014 On International Women’s Day 2014, let’s recognize USW women’s committees and activists whose work advances women’s equality within the union and throughout our global society.
- Childcare Is a Heart-Ache for Northern Mine Workers
- NDP MP launches petition for better child care Take a moment to tell the federal government you support quality, affordable child care.