The USW is the health and safety union. We provide leadership, advice and direction to members and local unions, government and employers, on health and safety at work, stress prevention, and protecting injured workers.
- Labour Market Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities A federal government panel offers an opportunity for input on successful approaches to recruiting, retaining and accommodating workers with disabilities.
- Steelworkers Support Better Return-to-Work Outcomes for Injured/Disabled Workers The USW has signed a licence agreement with an international council to help workers and workplaces achieve better return-to-work outcomes for injured workers and workers with disabilities.
- B.C. Sawmills Warned About Dangers of Dust Before Deadly Explosions Sawmills in B.C.’s Interior were warned wood dust was an explosive risk before two deadly sawmill explosions earlier this year, in which wood dust is suspected as a factor.
- Heat Stress Information
- Why Steelworkers need to be concerned about the growth of precarious work in Canada and around the world
- Steelworker Submission to Manitoba's Workers Compensation Review Committee
- The Growth of Jobs Without Rights and Security is Increasing in Canada
- View from the Track: Submission to the Rail Safety Act Review 2007