The USW is the health and safety union. We provide leadership, advice and direction to members and local unions, government and employers, on health and safety at work, stress prevention, and protecting injured workers.
- Together, we have made progress but we must keep fighting for safer workplaces Unions are about more than decent jobs for workers. The labour movement also works to make workplaces safe for everyone.
- Steelworkers, Vale Agree to Joint Investigation of Worker’s Death United Steelworkers Local 6500 has reached an agreement with Vale to conduct a joint union-company investigation into the workplace death of USW member Paul Rochette.
- Safety Workshop Outlined Dust’s Risks Before B.C. Sawmill Explosions The agency responsible for workplace safety conducted a workshop on the dangers of combustible dust two years before a pair of B.C. sawmill explosions that killed four workers, but failed to bring those lessons into the mills, say opposition New Democrats.
- Heat Stress Information
- Why Steelworkers need to be concerned about the growth of precarious work in Canada and around the world
- Steelworker Submission to Manitoba's Workers Compensation Review Committee
- The Growth of Jobs Without Rights and Security is Increasing in Canada
- View from the Track: Submission to the Rail Safety Act Review 2007