The USW is the health and safety union. We provide leadership, advice and direction to members and local unions, government and employers, on health and safety at work, stress prevention, and protecting injured workers.
- Tim Hudak’s Jobs Plan Would Kill Green Jobs Conservative leader’s plan would kill thousands of jobs in Ontario’s newest manufacturing sector – green energy, say Ken Neumann and Rick Smith.
- Dying to be Heard: Families, Safety Advocates Often Frustrated at Lack of Action on Inquest Findings Scores of recommendations from coroners' inquests and fatality inquiries across Canada go ignored or unheeded every year despite their potential to prevent future deaths.
- Lac-Mégantic: Where Does the Buck Stop? Was Lac-Mégantic the consequence of a flawed regulatory regime, one that allows profit-seeking companies to largely regulate themselves with the people of Lac-Mégantic paying the terrible price?
- Heat Stress Information
- Why Steelworkers need to be concerned about the growth of precarious work in Canada and around the world
- Steelworker Submission to Manitoba's Workers Compensation Review Committee
- The Growth of Jobs Without Rights and Security is Increasing in Canada
- View from the Track: Submission to the Rail Safety Act Review 2007