The USW is the health and safety union. We provide leadership, advice and direction to members and local unions, government and employers, on health and safety at work, stress prevention, and protecting injured workers.
- Lac-Mégantic: Where Does the Buck Stop? Was Lac-Mégantic the consequence of a flawed regulatory regime, one that allows profit-seeking companies to largely regulate themselves with the people of Lac-Mégantic paying the terrible price?
- Making a Killing In Business Has a Literal Meaning in Canada Still Dying for a Living:Corporate Criminal Liability After the Westray Mine Disaster
- Negligent Bosses Go Undercharged for Worker Deaths, Critics Say Despite the fact that workplace-related deaths have numbered around 1,000 a year nationally since the Westray Act, not a single manager, CEO or board member has been jailed for decisions that led to worker deaths.
- Heat Stress Information
- Why Steelworkers need to be concerned about the growth of precarious work in Canada and around the world
- Steelworker Submission to Manitoba's Workers Compensation Review Committee
- The Growth of Jobs Without Rights and Security is Increasing in Canada
- View from the Track: Submission to the Rail Safety Act Review 2007